For each of the following errors, describe to a recently hired bookkeeper how it would be shown on a cash reconciliation:
- The bank recorded a deposit of $200 as $2,000.
- The companyâ€™s bookkeeper mistakenly recorded a deposit of $530 as $350.
- The companyâ€™s bookkeeper mistakenly recorded a payment of $250 received from a customer as $25 on the bank deposit slip. The bank caught the error and made the deposit for the correct amount.
- The bank statement shows a check written by the company for $255 was erroneously paid (cleared the account) as $225.
- The bookkeeper wrote a check for $369 but erroneously wrote down $396 as the cash disbursement on the companyâ€™s records.