Read the article titled, “News briefs: Flame, Stuxnet, breach at LinkedIn and other security news”, located athttp://www.scmagazine.com/news-briefs-flame-stuxnet-breach-at-linkedin-and-other-security-news/article/245502/, concerning the Flame virus and Stuxnet.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the virus and how it propagated itself onto servers over the Web based on the actual information provided. Assess the Web-based risks that led to the attack.
- Create a graphic rendering of how the virus was able to replicate onto remote servers using Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe some of the common vulnerabilities to utility companies with a virus such as Stuxnet.
- Discuss some secure coding efforts and practices under way to mitigate the vulnerabilities exposed by this particular episode.
- Determine if Stuxnet or a similar virus could happen here, and how you would protect the utility infrastructure in light of a heavy reliance on the Internet and Web-based applications which allow remote access.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.