HAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPROACH TO DEVELOPING INFORMATION SYSTEMS?
Write a 200- to 300-word short-answer response to the following:
•Why are accurate estimates critical to effective project management? What steps can project managers take to improve the accuracy of estimating projects?
- Supporting Activity: Project Scope and WBS
•What argument can you provide as to why a project’s scope must be tied to the WBS? What are the implications are if scope is not adhered to closely?
- Supporting Activity: Estimating Approaches•What are the differences between bottom-up and top-down estimating approaches and under what conditions would you prefer one over the other?
Write a 100- to 200-word short-answer response to the following:
- Information Technology Project Management•Describe the EDP era in your own words.
- Information Technology Project Management•What are the benefits of using a project management approach to developing information systems?
- Information Technology Project ManagementHow can a value-driven approach improve the likelihood of IT project success?
Individual: Project Task-List
You have been tasked with the project of organizing a company offsite 2-day training session in which people are brought in from different parts of the country. This entails everything from preparation, accommodations, and facilities.
Submit a 2- to 3-page executive memo summarizing the project’s objective, any scoping boundaries used to define the project, and relevant facts about the tasks or resources.
•Identify all related tasks and resources needed to complete this project.
•Highlight or specify any measurable deliverables relating to your project.
Attach a task list with assigned resources from a Microsoft® Project file that supports what you have outlined in your memo.