Need answers to all the following 6 assignments, all assignments needs to be 1-2 pages each and in APA format
You are a member of the Human Resources Department of a medium-sized organization that is implementing a new inter-organizational system that will impact employees, customers, and suppliers. Your manager has requested that you work with the system development team to create a communications plan for the project. He would like to meet with you in two hours to review your thoughts on the key objectives of the communications plan. What should those objectives be?
You are the newest member of the IT development team contracted to implement an enterprise resource planning system for a small retail chain. You are surprised after the project’s initial kick-off meeting that no one was there to represent the client. Following the meeting, you encounter the project manager in the hallway. What do you say?
Steve Jobs was a strong, charismatic leader who co-founded Apple and is credited with much of the success of the company. Some believe that Tim Cook, who became CEO in 2011, embraces a more collaborative leadership style. Do research to compare and contrast the leadership styles of the two CEOs. (You may wish to view the 2013 movie JOBS, which portrays the story of Steve Jobs’ ascension from college dropout to Apple CEO.) Which CEO—Jobs or Cook—do you think developed and executed the most effective strategic plan? What evidence can you find to support your opinion?
WEBCOR: BUILDING BUY-IN IN THE BRICK-AND-MORTAR BUSINESS
1. How has Webcor used technology to support project management in the construction field?
2. List the main lessons IT managers can learn from Webcor Builders about the successful adoption of new technologies.
3. Webcorbought an application called PlanGrid to mark up constructionblueprints on iPads. PlanGrid can be used when the workers are offlineand later syncs up with files on the Box platform. Webcor frequentlyfollows this approach of buying applications and then buildingapplication programming interfaces (APIs) to connect these programs toits main enterprise systems. What are the advantages and disadvantagesof this IT development process
4. What obstacles do companies face when developing customized IT systems themselves? Under what circumstances does it make sense?
5. how might developing whole IT systems themselves rather than adoptingalready developed solutions and integrating them using APIs, changeWebcor’s ability to encourage IT adoption?
You have been asked to draft a corporate usage policy regarding the use of instant messaging. The policy should encourage the use of IM and chat while also providing useful guidance to avoid potential problems. What would you say in the policy?
2. You are the new operations manager of a large call center for a multinational retailer. The call center has been in operation for several years, but has failed to meet both the customers’ and senior management’s expectations. You were hired three months ago and challenged to “turn the situation around,” As you are sitting at your desk one day, you get a phone call from your boss asking that you lead a pilot project to implement the use of dashboards in the call center. The goal is to demonstrate the value of dashboards to help monitor and improve the operations in many of the firm’s business units. How do you respond to your boss’s request?
In answer to the challenges Nelnet faces in servicing a growing volume of student loans, the company chose to deploy a knowledge management system called OpenText Process Suite. Go online and investigate the features and capabilities of this suite of software products. What functions does Open Text provide that can augment and assist customer relationship management (CRM) systems? Find and briefly summarize a customer success story of an organization that integrated Open Text with its CRM system.