ASSESSMENT TASK 1 – REPORT – 40 MARKS
The written report should build your academic writing skills while allowing you to test your capacity to develop a critical argument in relation to the topic as outlined below.
Task 1 will demonstrate your capacity for linking theories and concepts to human resource management outcomes. You will also demonstrate an ability to locate, evaluate and use reliable resources to develop a well-founded and critical argument on the topic.
Instructions for Completing Assessment Task 1 Report.
Prepare a report (2500 words – this does not include the abstract and references) that addresses the issues raised in the case study posted online, and provide a recommendation.
The case study is on ‘Unitel’ and can be found on pages 140-141 of the prescribed course textbook (that is, Nankervis, A, Baird, M, Coffey, J & Shields, J 2014, Human resource management: strategy and practice, 8 edn, Cengage Learning, Melbourne, Australia). I have attached the file of the case study, please download it.
CASE STUDY IS ATTACHED AS A FILE.
Assume that you are the HR Manager at Unitel. The CEO at Unitel has approached you to write a 2500 word report focusing on the important role of human resource management (HRM) in executing Unitel’s new corporate strategy.
In your report, you are required to:
• Explain the role of HRM in executing the business strategy at Unitel.
• Identify key issues relating to the introduction of the new corporate strategy by Unitel senior management.
• Propose some potential solutions to the problems relating to the introduction of the new corporate strategy at Unitel.
• Discuss how Unitel may benefit from using four (4) human resource management practices (covered throughout the BUSM3201 course) to improve organisational performance at Unitel.
Make sure to follow the report layout as is explained comprehensively on this URL < http://emedia.rmit.edu.au/learninglab/content/reports-0 >.
Assessment criteria for Assessment Task 1 Report
Assessments in this course will be criterion-referenced and will also be assessed according to the degree to which you demonstrate the criteria on the Assessment Marking Criteria Sheet below.
Marks are allocated to criteria as follows:
- Demonstration of a clear understanding of the role of HRM in relation to executing the business strategy at Unitel including reference to relevant models and theories.
- Identification of key issues relating to the introduction of the new corporate strategy at Unitel.
- Identification of potential solutions to the problems relating to the introduction of the new corporate strategy at Unitel.
- Discussion of how Unitel could benefit from using four (4) human resource management practices (covered throughout the BUSM3201 course) to improve organisational performance at Unitel.
- Demonstration of additional research beyond the course material and the course textbook by using recent peer reviewed academic journal articles published between 2008 and 2015 (minimum of thirteen (13)).
- Presentation, including referencing, formatting, layout (report) and grammar.
I expect the structure of your reports to have:
- Title Page
- An Abstract or an Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Body (addressing assessment criteria as laid out in the Course Profile)
- References (cite 13 current/latest but relevant references, 2008-2015) ================================
Title Page (see format below)
The front page of your assignment should be a cover page.The Title Page should include:
The assessment number and title
The course code and name
Your student number
Assessment due date
Abstract or Executive Summary (see format below)
About 150-200 words briefly describing the contents of your Report.
Table of Contents (see format below)
This page will highlight all headings (and subheadings) with page numbers.
Introduction The report should start with an introduction. The introduction should introduce the topic in a way that prepares the reader for what is to come. The introduction is followed by the body.
The body (use subheadings)
Your report should finish with a succinct conclusion that should bring together what was covered in the report. (See example).
References See examples of Harvard referencing style
(i have attached a file of harvard referencing style, please follow closely.)