2 separate assignments…each assignment must be separated. The 1st assignment is due tomorrow…The 2nd assignment is due next week.
1.) Final Research Paper Preparation
How to Begin: Review the Final Research Paper instructions in Week Five. To prepare for your Final Research Paper, complete the following assignment and submit it to your instructor for feedback.
Task: Provide a full-sentence outline for your Final Research Paper. Be sure to include your thesis statement in the outline. Also, provide a well-developed annotated bibliography with at least five scholarly sources related to your research topic.
Outline: Remember that the Final Research Paper will include discussion of the political embattlement related to programs for the aged (i.e., Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, Welfare, Supplemental Security Income, and The Older Americans Act). Thus, your full-sentence outline is an opportunity to begin your discussion of this topic. For help in creating your full sentence outline, visit How to Create a Full Sentence Outline.
Annotated Bibliography: You will need to locate scholarly sources that not only highlight the varied discourses, historical aspects, evolutions, and current impacts that inform the varied political stances, but that also illustrate options that could be helpful in relieving this potential burden (i.e., increased taxes, Social Security reform, or reduction in assistance). Your annotated bibliography must contain at least five scholarly sources, at least three of which must be found in the Ashford University Library. These sources must have been written within the last five years. In your annotated bibliography, you will need to provide a brief summary for each source and explain how it will support your points. Sources must be listed and cited according to APA style. To help you in developing your annotated bibliography, visit Annotated Bibliographies.
Your outline must be two to three pages in length (excluding the title page and annotated bibliography), and formatted according to APA style. Please remember to include a title page.
2.) Final Research Paper
How to Begin: This week you will incorporate feedback from the Week Three Assignment to complete the Final Research Paper. You will have formed your own conclusions about these issues, based on factual information and evidence from scholarly sources. At this point, you have examined the social aspects of aging. In addition, you have assessed the impact of aging on society in the areas of economics, discrimination, and political influence, and assessed the role of demographics on aging in terms of health, income, employment, and retirement. Moreover, you have had the opportunity to examine the numerous policies that are in existence for the purpose of assisting the aged in our society.
Task: The Final Research Paper will focus on the impact of a growing aging population in the United States and the aging population in general. This impact could be defined in terms of increased health care costs with simultaneous decreased economic contributions, increased housing needs, and a reduced proportion of the population contributing to Social Security. As you address the political embattlement related to programs for the aged (i.e., Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, Welfare and Supplemental Security Income, and The Older Americans Act), you must include the following elements, which you began in your outline assignment from Week Three:
- Title page
- Explain the rapid increase in the older population using the demographic transition theory.
- Analyze the implications of an increasing aging population for two or more of the following social issues:
- The funding and availability of Social Security.
- The funding and availability of Supplemental Retirement Income.
- Work and retirement challenges facing seniors.
- The funding and availability of adequate health care for seniors.
- Summarize what the experts have written about the issues facing the United States in terms of the growing elderly population. How do experts suggest addressing these issues? Assess whether their conclusions are methodologically sound.
- Assess how the growing aging population is going to impact the younger generations in terms of political power and their need for social support.
- Evaluate the actions that are currently being taken to address these issues of having an increasing aging population. What have been the results of those actions? Justify which remedies you agree with, and support your conclusions with your scholarly research.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding title page and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. In addition to the course textbook, the paper must include a minimum of five scholarly sources