D. Identify and discuss the authority and constraints placed on law enforcement.
- Discuss the practical effects and provisions placed on the chosen agency contained in the Bill of Rights.
- Describe when the chosen agency might have betrayed the public trust and what was done to overcome the problem. (Research and consider the limitations the courts have placed on officersâ rights and personal behavior, the process that police agencies use to deal with citizen complaints, and the like.)
- Recommend two (2) management or leadership solutions that foster an ethical work environment for the chosen agency.
E. Provide seven (7) credible sources outside the textbook are required. Four (4) sources should come from your Part 1. Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the studentâs name, the professorâs name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Illustrate the constraints on the police in democratic societies, to include personal issues and practices, the rule of law, general principles of accountability, ethics, and civil liability.
- Assess management and leadership challenges in police organizations and recommend solutions that foster an ethical work environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law enforcement operations and management.
- Write clearly and concisely about law enforcement operations and management using proper writin