Leadership And The Graduate Nursing Role
W2 Assignment 2
In Week 5, the Final Project will synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the master of nursing curriculum: NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator. You will review all roles and then examine the specialty for which you were admitted, focusing on the scope of practice, core competencies, certification requirements, and legal aspects of practice for that specific role. This week you will focus on Leadership and the Graduate Nurse Role.
The graduate nurse evidences leadership as seen in the four domains: the profession of nursing, clinical practice arena, health policy arena, and systems level. In order to complete this assignment, complete the short eighteen-question quiz (this takes approximately five minutes) about your leadership style at
About.com Psychology. (n.d.). Quiz – What’s your leadership style? Retrieved
In a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title page, references and appendices), you will address the following criteria:
- Report your findings from the quiz:
- What kind of leader were you?
- How does this fit into your beliefs about your leadership style?
- Examine the attributes of leadership that may be needed for graduate level nurses.
- Analyze your personal leadership attributes you feel you have that will help you in your graduate nursing role. Also discuss those attributes that you feel you may need to develop in your graduate nursing role.
Finish with a quotation from a library article related to leadership in an advanced nursing role. Look in some of the known leadership journals like The Journal of Nursing Scholarship or Nursing Leadership Forum or the American Journal of Nursing, Journal of Nursing Administration, Nursing Administration Quarterly, Nursing Management or Health Care Management Review (found in the South University Online Library).