Multimedia activity: Business Organization
Visit the Choose Your Business Structure section of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s website.
If you were to start your own business, which business entity structure would you choose? Justify why your chosen structure is the best organizational form.
Explain the following business structures: sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, and a corporation. In your analysis address the following for each business structure:
- Steps to form
- Personal liability for owners
- Advantages and disadvantages
Your paper must be three to five pages (excluding title and reference pages), and it must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook..
WEEK 5 DISCUSSION ONE
Internet domain names are linked to trademark issues. Technology makes it easy to copy and distribute music and movies without paying royalties. Business conducted on the internet raise security and privacy issues. What legal concerns are raised by these issues? Predict which of these issues will be of major concern in the future in regard to the law and business practices.
How do governments attempt to control foreign businesses operating within their borders? When U.S. companies do business in other countries, what issues do they face? Describe the responsibilities and ethical concerns that you feel are important for U.S. companies to consider when doing business in other countries
THIS PAPER IS HALF WAY DONE I JUST NEED SOMEONE TO DO THE FINISH
Focus of the Final Paper
You are the manager of Acme Fireworks, a fireworks retailer who sells fireworks, puts on ground display fireworks, and large aerial display fireworks. The company started in the owner’s garage two years ago and now has 15 employees that you manage. The company started as a sole proprietorship, and the owner has never changed the entity. The owner has informed you that the company has received inquiries from several large businesses wondering if the company could create several fireworks displays on a regular basis. The owner told the inquirers that the company could fill such display orders, and a price per display was agreed upon. It was discussed that most of the cost for a fireworks display is for skilled labor, insurance, and the actual service of setting off the fireworks. No other details were discussed. The owner is anticipating that new employees will need to be hired, but he is worried that if the large orders for fireworks displays do not continue, the company will not have the funds to pay the new employees. The owner is now considering changing the business entity, but he does not know what entity to form or how to form it.
The owner has asked you to do the following:
- Determine if the contracts with the businesses will be governed by common law or the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), and explain why.
- Analyze whether the owner formed a contract with the businesses, and apply the five essential elements of an enforceable contract.
- Explain the potential personal liability to Acme Fireworks if a spectator is injured by a stray firework from a fireworks display.
- Discuss the different employment types and relationships relevant to agency law, and analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each type specific to Acme Fireworks.
- Explain why Acme Fireworks should not operate as a sole proprietorship. Recommend a new business entity, and provide rationale to support your recommendation.
For each task, be sure to analyze the relevant law, apply the facts to the law, and make a conclusion.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. That is, describe what your response is to the content, either positive or negative, and defend your position. If multiple options, alternatives, and/or positions are present and are being rejected, you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must include at least five scholarly sources, two of which must be from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the course textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.