1. Complete the attached worksheet
2. Read the Introduction to the San Francisco Estuary Project Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan found on the San Francisco Estuary Project’s (SFEP) website at http://sfep.abag.ca.gov:
- Click the About the Estuary link at the top of the site.
- Click the Documents & Reports link under the heading, and then select An Introduction to the Ecology of the San Francisco Estuary.
Note. Feel free to use any other resources on the website in addition to this report.
Estuary Project Paper
Write a 1,200- to 1,400-word paper on the restoration of the San Francisco Estuary. Include responses to the following:
- Describe the San Francisco Estuary Project.
- How has population growth in the San Francisco Bay area affected the estuary?
- How has the habitat fracture in the San Francisco Estuary been increased by human behavior?
- How is the project focusing on maintaining the biodiversity of plants and animals in the San Francisco Estuary?
- Assess the progress made in conserving the biodiversity of the San Francisco Estuary. How would you personally assess the progress? Is it working?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
|Week 5 Application Worksheet
BIO/315 Version 4
University of Phoenix Material
Week 5 Application Worksheet
Complete the worksheet according to the following guidelines:
· In the space provided, write each term’s definition as used in ecology. You must define the term in your own words; do not simply copy the definition from a textbook. Provide APA-formatted citations for all paraphrased responses inserted into this worksheet. Every cited work must also have a corresponding reference entry on the References page at the end of this worksheet.
· In the space provided after each term’s definition, provide an explanation that illustrates the importance of the concept, method, relationship, or study to which the term refers. In your explanation, you may wish to consider the following:
How has it influenced ecology?
Why is it important to understand the appropriate application of the term or concept?
Save the completed worksheet as a Microsoft® Word document with your name in the file name.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Submitted by: [Type your name here.]
|Term||Definition in your own words||Use the term in a sentence as it applies to ecology or human interference.|
|Carbon Dioxide Levels|
[Insert APA-formatted reference entries here for each work that you paraphrased material from when completing this worksheet.]
Copyright © 2017, 2014, 2011, 2009 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.