The literature review in a dissertation serves to illuminate the research gap and thereby justify the necessity of the study and the proposed study methodology. Though this purpose remains consistent across all methodologies, the structure of the literature review section of a qualitative dissertation often differs slightly from that of a quantitative dissertation. For example, literature reviews in quantitative dissertations are dominantly constructed around the variables while those in qualitative dissertations can be constructed in many ways. In this assignment, you will contrast the structures of a qualitative and a quantitative literature review and consider a rationale for those differences.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- DBA learners ONLY: Review the Gorveunder (qualitative) dissertation.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- APA style is required for this assignment.
Write a paper (500-750 words) in which you contrast the structures of the qualitative dissertation specific to your discipline with the structures of the quantitative dissertation referenced above and provide a rationale for the differences. Include the following in your paper:
- A clear description of the primary differences between the structures of the literature reviews.
- A rationale for the observed differences. What factors contributed to the differences the structures of these literature reviews?
****Please make sure to use the headings for the grading rubric to ensure that MAXIMUM points are obtained****
****Doctoral Assignment….Professional Scholarly Writing is Required….No Plagiarism….Provide In-text Citations and References…Please provide Attention to Detail when writing, and not just writing to fulfill word-count****